Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wait May Increase to 3 Years!!

Mom was looking at the China wait times and China is only doing one week of referrals. At this rate, Sarah Grace's referral won't be coming until 2009. This is getting very frusterating. Anyway about the Special Needs thing. We got the pictures of the baby's on the list and all of them are SO CUTE (are any baby's not?)! The one our agency was trying to point us at is a 10 month old little girl who has a cleft lip and palate. She is so ADORABLE! But again, we're not even sure if this is something we're gonna do. But I'll keep you guys updated.

PS~ If you live in Illinois, stay cool! It's HOT out!

4 comments:

Emmie said...

Hey Caitie! I found your blog through Holly. I am almost 13 and we have a little girl from China and are in the process of adopting our second as well! Check out my blog! I look forward to reading about your adventures before beringing home your little girl! The long wait is killing us too! :(

Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

Awww! A cleft baby!! Just like my Sarah!!! My parents were worried about a cleft at first, as we really didn't know anything about it. But it has turned out to be such a non-issue. Shriners, the hospital I commented about yesterday, has THE BEST cleft team! They have every kind of specialist, including orthodontists and speech therapists, they are also great at explaining things! In Sarah's case, she'll only need one more surgery for the rest of her life! And that won't be until she is about 9. If you'd like to know anything more about clefts or Shriners, just let me know. I can always tell you about it on Tuesday too! :) Can't wait to hear what your decision is!!
~Staci

Holly said...

Hi Caitie! I had saw you left a comment on my blog. Gosh that's a shame things are moving so slowly. We waited about 2 years for Grace but three...? I can't imagine. Hopefully things will start speeding up soon and you will have that little sister in no time. But when the time is right, you will be hopping on that plane to China! Waiting is the hardest part.

Ally, big sister to Lillyana said...

My family was looking into a 2 year old baby girl who had a cleft before we got Lilly Jayde but that didn't work out (her foster mom adopted her)
but I think that you guys should definitely look into it. I have a little cousin who is adopted from Vietnam and you would neverrr know that she had a cleft. Just pray on it and God will show you the way to go. He knows which baby sister is meant for you!