Thursday, November 29, 2007

20 Days! O My!

He he....so yesterday when we were on our way home from PetSmart with Jonah's crickets for his slimy, eeeeeeewwww!, salamanders, I made Mom sick to her stomach. Don't get all worried it was in a good way! I was doing some math in my head and figured out how many days it'll be - counting down from December 1st - until Mom and Dad travel. I have this feeling they'll be in China over Christmas. So with the math I was doing I figured, Okay, Mom and Dad would be leaving on the 20th! That makes it only...20 days until Mom and Dad leave for China from December 1st!!!!!!!!! I turned to Mom in my seat and said, "I can't believe it! I counted down from December first and came up with 20 days until you guys leave for China!" to which my replied, "Okay....you just made me sick." She really had gone pale, too.

Later at night when Dad came home, I thought I'd try it on him to. He had eaten Mexican food at lunch and said that it really messed with his stomach, to which I thought that this would be perfect timing to tell him what I figured out! So when he and Mom stopped talking, I went. "Hey Dad! Guess what? You and Mom are leaving for China in 20 days couting down from December 1st!" It was hilarious how he just froze and looked at us so blankly, blinking his eys a couple of times. Mom burst out laughing, the boys and I following. =D

Both of these were one of those "you had to be there" moments. But I thought I'd share them anyway! I can't believe that, if what I've firgured out is right, that it's only 22 more days!! That's travel, though. Probably about 30-35 days until Sarah's actually home! =D

2 comments:

Lexie said...

Omg! Thats so exciting!! I hope your right!! We'll see how well you did with your math!

Jie Jie to Sarah Lu and Chayah Ru said...

30 days is still not too much... You're going to have Sarah Grace SO SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Your story is too funny by the way. ;)
Sarah Grace or "Baby Sarah Gracie" (as Sarah Lu calls her ;) is coming home!!!!!!!!! =D
~Staci