Sorry. No pics. The camera was out of battery's and we didn't have any extra ones. But the beach was so fun. COLD!! But fun. Two of Christopher's friends, Mike and Justin, came and they were a hoot! Three sixteen year old guys singing (let me rephrase that. Trying to sing) on the way home will make you laugh so hard you're crying, especially when one of them doesn't know the words to most of the songs and just adds in his own. :D We first went to Lake Geneva but the beach was so crowded and you had to pay $5 to get in. Dad was like no way. So we ended up driving about an hour (it was actually only 4o minutes away from Lake Geneva but Dad took a wrong turn and we had to drive an extra 20 minutes) to another beach connected to Lake Michigan that was free and a lot less crowded. The boys, including Jonah, all brought there skateboards and left me to go in the water alone. :( After about ten minutes, the boys finally got really hot and came over to the water. Except they took forever (just Christopher and his friends) to get in because it was so cold! Finally Mike gave the go ahead by tackling Justin into the water. LOL!!! It was hilarious! We all waded out and had a blast whenever the waves came. We swam for about an hour and then the boys went over by the rocks to climb. I didn't want to climb so I went over by Mom, who was on the blanket, and asked her if she could put the tanning lotion on my back. She did and we both relaxed on the blanket. To bad the sun only stayed out for a little while and then hid behind a cloud the rest of the day. After about 20 minutes of that the boys climbed off of the rocks and back into the water. It took about 10 minutes for us to wade to the sand and then about another 10-20 minutes for us to dry off and get into the car. We were all very thirsty, so Dad found a little store and we all got something to drink. About halfway home Christopher, Mike, and Justin started singing songs that they well...sort of knew. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life!!! It was to hilarious!!!! Well that was Dad's birthday! I hope everyone else had a great day.
It’s been a long time coming
7 years ago

2 comments:
Wow! It sounds like you had an exciting day!! Where at Lake Michigan did you go to the beach? We always used to go to the Zion beaches, especially since they were only like 5 minutes away from our house and of course the harbor which was in walking distance! I miss it already!! :)
Sarah Lu's purple dress was actually given to us by people from church, so I'm not really sure where it came from :( I just went and looked at it and the brand is "b.t. kids" although I have no idea where that is sold... I love that dress though, definitely one of my favorites!! Are you shopping for Sarah Grace yet?? ;)
~Staci
Happy birthday to your Dad! Sounds like you guys had a great time at the beach.
Post a Comment