Ever since I realized that I would be living with my two brothers for the rest of my life, I've wanted a little sister. Every birthday I would blow out my candles wishing for a sister. Every Christmas when we had to write a letter Santa during school (even though I didn't believe in him)I would still ask for a little sister, and a dog or a cat. Now don't get me wrong there are many advantages to having two brothers. But being the only girl AND stuck in the middle, the disadvantages can really show sometimes. I love my brothers very much, but they can be a pain. I'm 13 years old and my family is adopting a little girl from China! We made this wonderful decision on October 3, 2005. On October 10, 2005, October 14, 2005, and October 23, 2005 we told the rest of the family about it. They were so happy!! Time went by and papers and applications were filled out and an apointment for meeting our social worker was made. We waited for our Dossier and our I171-H to come and then be mailed out. Getting anxious every second, everyday, every month. Still getting anxious. Everything has been mailed out and we're just waiting, waiting, and waiting. It's been about 3 years now. A whole 3 years!!! We're all so anxious and want it to happen right now. Mom say's that hopefully Sarah's (my little sister) referral will come by October of this year and then we'll be going to China in December. That seems far away but I know it will go fast. Hopefully.
It’s been a long time coming
7 years ago

1 comments:
Hi, My name is Staci, I'm 14 years old, and we just came home with my mei mei, Sarah Lu, this December from China! How cool that your mei mei is going to be named Sarah too! I noticed in one of your other posts that you live in Illinois, we do too! Where in Illinois do you live? Once you bring your Sarah home, our Sarah's could meet! :) I can't wait to follow you on your journey to Sarah!!
Post a Comment